Simplifying your life creates clarity and releases energy. Our digital working lives, on the other hand, often feel like juggling: We use a variety of programs and systems that are poorly or not interconnected at all. Is there a simpler way? Yes. Steps 1 and 2 in this article show you how. When we tidy up, we often discover what we already own and could use. Such hidden treasures can also be found in the digital workday: our data. So many insights can be derived from it. These help us to achieve what we are striving for with even greater ease. Steps 3 and 4 describe how we can get started.
But let’s start by simplifying things.
Step 1: Consolidation in the portal
We can implement the functions of a large number of IT systems in one central location using a low-code platform. In other words, we can carry the many individual balls we juggle on one tray. A significant relief.
Why is a low-code platform particularly suitable for this?
1. With a low-code platform, you can build any app and design any process with our help. It is just that these are modeled instead of programmed: Thanks to low-code, many components are prebuilt in the platform’s construction kit. You can simply put them together via drag & drop. This way, you achieve 80% of the desired functions without having to write a single line of code. For the remaining 20%, we can write short scripts for you or even program them if necessary.
2. With Intrexx as a low-code platform, you can easily connect additional systems. Even complex systems, such as your customer management or your SAP system, don’t have to be set up from scratch: Instead, you can simply connect these systems via a connector and in doing so, use their data directly in the portal. The data is kept in the (original) systems where it is generated. It is up to you when and to what extent the functions of these systems should be implemented in Intrexx.
Step 2: Generate documents automatically
You can automatically generate offers, invoices, or other documents with Reports for Intrexx, an extension for Intrexx portals. Again, a real relief and reduction in costs compared to manual generation. Why does this fit well with using the low-code platform Intrexx?
Today, we talk about data-centric working. Data is available in a structured form and can be easily processed by machines. Intrexx stores your data in exactly this form. The same often applies to the data from the systems connected to the portal. And structured data is perfect for automatic document generation. All that is needed are the templates that determine the layout.
The good news is that after you stop juggling a lot of IT systems, you can start harnessing your treasure chest of data.
Step 3: Integrate data in a data warehouse
Data from the low-code platform and the systems connected to it can be transferred to a data warehouse. This serves as their collection point and also shows the changes in the data over time.
The strongest argument for a data warehouse is the same as the one for adopting the low-code platform: you can stop juggling! With the data warehouse, we have a one-stop shop to gain insights from data. And correlations between data from different systems only become clear when we cross-reference this data.
Cloud-based data warehouses have further advantages:
1. Eliminate in-house maintenance and hardware costs
2. Dynamically scale performance based on computing power and data volume needs
3. Pay based on actual usage
We can fill the data warehouse with data integration tools from Talend, another QuinScape partner.
Step 4: Data analysis directly in the low-code platform
You should be able to present analyses of the data directly in the low-code platform for its users. We achieve this together by using Reports for Intrexx. You already use it to automatically create documents (see step 2) and it is also suitable as a business intelligence tool. With Reports for Intrexx, you can provide prepared analyses and then access them directly in the Intrexx portal: in the apps and on the pages that your colleagues work with every day. Each of the four steps in itself brings an improvement. You reach the maximum if you take all four steps.
Would you like to see such a system live and in color? Let us provide you with your personal and free demo instance in the Amazon Web Services cloud.
What are the benefits?
1. You do not need another business intelligence system that would generate costs and maintenance effort.
2. Business intelligence is made available to more than just a few power users who, thanks to their technical knowledge and access to systems, can create analyses themselves. Instead, business intelligence using Reports for Intrexx benefits everyone in your company who works in your portal.
All in all
Streamlining the daily work routine, getting rid of the needlessly complicated and unimportant – this is probably the goal that everyone is pursuing. You also hear a lot about the benefits of gaining insights from data. If you want to implement this in your company, you might ask: How do I start?
In this article, we have shown you the right direction in four steps. It’s easy to get started with a low-code platform like Intrexx. We move on to Reports for Intrexx, a data warehouse and business intelligence. Each of the four steps in itself brings an improvement. You reach the maximum if you take all four steps.
Additional interesting content related to the article:
WEBINAR: Stop juggling!
More interesting content for you:
Free webinar video
Learn more about data integration